If you’re going to visit South Korea, your first stop will probably be Seoul. It’s a big city with various neighborhoods, each one with its one distinct vibe. You can visit old temples, party all night, visit museums, tea houses, and enjoy the delicious street food. But finding where to stay can be overwhelming. Where to stay in Seoul? This guide will tell you where to stay in Seoul, list the best hotels in Seoul and the best neighborhoods in Seoul!
Gangnam became world-famous thanks to the song Gangnam Style. This is where wealthy South Koreans live, and that’s one of the reasons why Gangnam is called “the Beverly Hills of South Korea”. Luxury hotels, chic restaurants, fancy nightclubs, etc. Welcome to Gangnam! It’s a nice area to stay if you want to experience the Korean nightlife and enjoy some high-class shopping
Where to stay in Gangnam
- Luxury: Park Hyatt Seoul Hotel. A great luxury hotel! The rooms are modern and spacious, with comfortable beds. Their indoor heated pool offers a great view of the city’s skyline. Their three on-site restaurants are excellent and the staff is very attentive! Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Mid-range: Dormy Inn Seoul Gangnam. A nice hotel offering a tasty breakfast and featuring its own Korean spa and a restaurant. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are clean and spacious and the interior is beautiful. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Budget: Stay Hotel Gangnam. A modern budget hotel offering spacious rooms with AC, a flat-screen TV, a fridge and a work desk. There’s also a currency exchange service at the front desk, and a laundry service. Great value for money! Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Find all the Gangnam hotels
Insadong is one of the most traditional and cultural districts in Seoul. You’ll find plenty of traditional architecture and handicraft shops, but also tea houses, restaurants, art galleries, cafes and museums. It really changes from the hyper-modern Seoul. A good area to stay if you’re an early sleeper or are traveling Seoul with kids.
Where to stay in Insadong
- Luxury: Orakai Insadong Suites. This place offers beautiful self-catering apartments with excellent amenities, including an indoor swimming pool, fitness center and sauna. The breakfast is great and the staff is friendly. It really feels like a home-away-from-home. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Mid-range: Sunbee Hotel. This hotel features well-equipped, spacious rooms with neutral colors. You have access to the computer room and communal lounge, and the staff is accommodating. Moreover the hotel is perfectly located on Insadong’s main strip. A great mid-range option! Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Budget: Grid Inn Hotel. It’s a small and modern hotel. Every room is air conditioned and soundproofed, and the beds are comfortable. You can use the washer and the dryer machines, and they also have umbrellas at your disposal in case it rains. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Find all the Insadong hotels
Wanna go shopping during your stay in Seoul? You should definitely stay in Myeongdong then! But it’s also a mecca for food! You’ll find there small boutiques, large department stores and also some of the yummiest street food in Seoul: restaurants, cafes, night markets, etc. You’re gonna love it! If you want to experience the hustle and bustle of Seoul, you should stay in Myeongdong!
Where to stay in Myeongdong
- Luxury: The Westin Josun Hotel Seoul. It’s one of the top luxury hotels in Seoul! It features everything you would expect from a 5-star hotel: indoor pool, spa, sauna, gym facilities, breakfast buffet, top-notch restaurants and beautiful views of the city. And their bar lounge serves great cocktails! Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Mid-range: Aloft Seoul Myeongdong. This hotel features cozy and modern rooms, well-designed with comfortable beds. There’s also a fitness center and a trendy bar to sip a cocktail if you want to. The staff is friendly and courteous. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Budget: Myeongdong Rooftop Hostel. This is one of the coolest hostels in Seoul. They offer free breakfast and they have an awesome terrace! There’s a kitchen if you need to cook your own food and BBQ for guest use. All rooms come with a TV,fridge, safe and private bathroom. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Find all the Myeongdong hotels
Since it’s near Hongik University, an architecture and art school, Hongdae is a vibrant and trendy district. Students often hang out in pubs and clubs of the area. Hongdae being popular among students, it’s also cheaper to stay there. There’s definitely an artistic and creative vibe in Hongdae. It’s mostly geared towards backpackers but if you want to enjoy the Korean nightlife without breaking the bank, you should stay in Hongdae! It’s full of restaurants, cafes, bars and small clubs!
Where to stay in Hongdae
- Luxury: L7 Hongdae by Lotte. This luxury hotel features a fitness center, a restaurant and a bar. The rooms are large and comfortable and include a kettle, a fridge and a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. The breakfast buffet is delicious and the hotel offers great views of the city. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Mid-range: 9 Brick Hotel. It’s a stylish hotel with beautiful rooms and great city views. The decor is warm and elegant. The rooms are cozy and feature a flat-screen TV, desk, sofa, and air-conditioning. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are very clean. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Budget: Cocoa Guesthouse. It’s a great budget option! The rooms are clean and comfortable, the owners are friendly and it’s well-located. They have dorms as well as private rooms and even family rooms. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Find all the Hongdae hotels
Looking for a multicultural area where people speak English? You should stay in Itaewon then! Indeed, it used to be where US military personnel used to live. You’ll find there numerous international restaurants: Indian, Thai, Western, Middle East, etc. But also a vibrant nightlife. Perfect for solo travelers who want to mingle with expats and tourists. The streets are full of bars, cafes and restaurants! Itaewon is definitely catered to foreigners.
Where to stay in Itaewon
- Luxury: Hamilton Hotel. This luxury hotel features clean and modern rooms with comfortable beds. It also has a seasonal rooftop pool and a large sauna. The staff is helpful and the hotel is perfectly located right outside of Itaewon subway stop. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Mid-range: Imperial Palace Boutique Hotel. This hotel features spa facilities, a fitness center with yoga rooms, an indoor pool, a squash court, and a seasonal outdoor pool. The rooms have a minibar, a TV and some of them an on-site sauna. The beds are comfortable and the staff is lovely! Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Budget: G Guesthouse Itaewon. A nice budget option! The guesthouse features a rooftop garden where you can enjoy a barbecue and admire the N Seoul Tower. The facilities are clean, the staff is helpful and the beds are comfortable. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Find all the Itaewon hotels
Now you know all the best places to stay in Seoul! Feel free to check out my Seoul travel guide post, but also my South Korea guide!
- Traveling soon? Check out my travel resources page! This list of travel accessories can also be useful!
- Don’t travel without travel insurance! It will protect you against illness, injury, theft and cancellations. Click here to get one. Here’s why get travel insurance.
- Want a tailor-made trip to South Korea? Get a free quote here!
- Always use a VPN when traveling. I use ExpressVPN and I love it. Here’s why use a VPN when traveling.
Leave a Reply