Paris is one of the most visited cities in the world which is normal, it’s also one of the most beautiful cities in the world! It’s a massive city, with numerous things to do. Therefore, finding where to stay in Paris can be confusing and stressful.
Each area has its own distinct vibe, so you have to choose the right one depending on your preferences and travel style. Finding the best places to stay in Paris is definitely not easy. But don’t worry, you’re reading an article written by a true Parisian, born and raised in Paris. In this guide, I’m listing where to stay in Paris, the best hotels in Paris and the best neighborhoods in Paris!
Le Marais (3rd and 4th arrondissements)
A very nice area, in the heart of Paris! You’re just a few minutes away from Notre Dame de Paris and the Seine river. Le Marais is filled with numerous bars and restaurants. Le Marais is home to the LGBTQ community as well as the Jewish community. A hip district where you’ll find a vibrant nightlife scene. It’s also a great area to go shopping! Perfect for first time visitors!
Where to stay in le Marais
- Luxury: Hotel Dupond Smith. A really cool 5-star hotel. It has incredible decor and lovely design. Moreover it’s perfectly located close to Notre Dame de Paris. It really feels like staying in a palace, and the staff is very helpful. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Mid-range: Les Tournelles. In the heart of le Marais, all rooms of les Tournelles are elegantly decorated and come with flat-screen TVs, air-conditioning and private bathrooms with upscale toiletries and rainfall showers. The breakfast is delicious. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Budget: Hotel Rivoli. A nice boutique hotel, great place if you want to stay in the heart of Paris at a very affordable price. Some rooms come with a private balcony so you can overlook the city of Paris at your leisure. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Find all le Marais hotels
The Eiffel Tower (7th arrondissement)
The main reason to stay in the 7th arrondissement is because you’re just a few minutes away from the Eiffel Tower. You’re also close to numerous tourist attractions: Champs de Mars, Napoleon’s Tomb, Musée d’Orsay, Musée Rodin, etc. The 7th is also home to breathtaking architecture, charming markets, high-end shopping, and world-class restaurants. Don’t miss rue Cler, a charming narrow street that has a village-like feel.
Where to stay around the Eiffel Tower
- Luxury: Le Narcisse Blanc. A classy luxury hotel where you can take advantage of a spa with a sauna, but also a fitness center and a valet parking available. There’s an on-site restaurant, and the breakfast is great! The rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Mid-range: Cler Hotel. Located on rue Cler, it’s the perfect place to experience Paris as a true Parisian! All rooms are air-conditioned and feature an elegant decor. It’s clean, stylish, the breakfast is good and the staff is friendly and helpful. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Budget: Best Western Au Trocadéro. It’s great if you have a limited budget and you want to be close to the Eiffel Tower. In fact, it has amazing Eiffel Tower views. The hotel has its own cocktail bar on site and a buffet breakfast is served daily. All rooms are air-conditioned, soundproofed and have their own bathroom and include a TV, a minibar and tea and coffee facilities. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Find all the hotels around the Eiffel Tower
Montmartre (18th arrondissement)
A charming area with its cobblestone streets, cute buildings, and cafes galore. It’s more affordable than other areas, and it really feels like staying in a village apart from Paris. It has a fantastic bohemian vibe. You can sit in a cafe, sip your coffee and watch street performers. Montmartre is home to le Moulin Rouge, Place du Tertre, the Montmartre vineyard and of course le Sacré Coeur. Montmartre is in the north of Paris, but it’s very well connected with the métro.
Where to stay in Montmartre
- Luxury: Maison Souquet. This hotel offers a mix of Arabian and French decor. It used to be a pleasure house and it turned into this hotel. The rooms are decorated with rich colors and sumptuous furniture. In fact, each room is unique. You’ll feel like a celebrity staying in this lavish hotel. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Mid-range: Odalys City Paris Montmartre. A nice place if you want to stay in an apartment and feel like a true Parisian. It’s equipped with a kitchenette and a dining area. You can enjoy the wellness area and buffet breakfast is served in the breakfast room. The staff is very helpful. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Budget: Le Village Montmartre. It’s located just down the hill from the Sacre Coeur. It’s actually a combination of a hostel and a hotel so there is something for everyone, dorms but also private rooms. The staff is super friendly and they have a nice terrace. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Find all the Montmartre hotels
Saint Germain (6th arrondissement)
A great area if you’re looking for that classic Parisian neighborhood feel: trendy cafés, busy shops, cool boutiques, lively atmosphere, upscale galleries, etc. Moreover you’re not far from the beautiful Jardins du Luxembourg. Saint Germain used to be the literary and artistic heart of Paris, where Hemingway and Picasso among others liked to hang out. It’s one of the city’s classiest districts. Don’t miss Café de Flore and Les Deux Magots. Saint Germain is perfect if you’re traveling with your family.
Where to stay in Saint Germain
- Luxury: Hotel d’Aubusson. This 5-star hotel is a historic townhouse turned into a hotel. It’s home to Café Laurent, a famous literary bar. Everything is great: the rooms with high-end décor, the beautiful courtyard with a fountain and the marble bathrooms. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Mid-range: Grand Hotel de l’Univers Saint Germain. This boutique hotel is in the heart of Saint Germain. It offers a lounge with armchairs and exposed stone walls, and the rooms are unique and each boasts its own style. The hotel is very clean and the staff is excellent. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Budget: Hotel Clément. Looking for a good hotel with affordable prices in the center of Paris? Hotel Clément is for you! The rooms are simple but very clean and you’ll also be near many metro lines connected to the center. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Find all the Saint Germain hotels
Le Louvre (1st arrondissement)
You’re literally in the city center of Paris, and not far from the Louvre museum! That also means staying here is a bit expensive. It’s one of the oldest neighborhoods in Paris, and it’s close to the Jardin des Tuileries, Pont Neuf and Place de la Concorde! This is a very walkable arrondissement and very well connected district.
Where to stay around Le Louvre
- Luxury: Hotel Regina Louvre. This luxury hotel is designed with classic Parisian design and decor, very stylish! Some rooms offer views of Tuileries Gardens and the Louvre! You’re gonna love the elegant style interior with the period furniture so you can truly feel like royalty. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Mid-range: Hotel de la Place du Louvre. A solid 3-star hotel. The rooms are well decorated and equipped with free Wi-Fi, satellite TV and air conditioned. Their breakfast is served in in the hotel’s Cave des Mousquetaires, a vaulted cave which was once connected to the Louvre. The staff is amazing! Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Budget: Hotel Opera Maintenon. It’s a small hotel located near Palais Garnier. It’s a budget place for the 1st arrondissement, meaning still expensive for a budget option. But you’ll be in central Paris. It’s very clean and the rooms are comfortable. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Find all the hotels around the Louvre
Champs Elysées (8th arrondissement)
Many hotels in the 8th arrondissement offer great Eiffel Tower views. But the 8th is also home to some of the most famous shopping areas in the world, the Champs Elysées. It features some of the greatest designers, including Hugo Boss, Cartier and Louis Vuitton. You’ll find tons of high-end shopping boutiques, posh cafés and chic restaurants. Needless to say, you should stay here if you’re looking for a luxury hotel.
Where to stay around the Champs Elysées
- Luxury: Le Bristol. If you’re looking for a luxury place to stay around the Champs Elysées, this is the place to be! Everything is perfect: the rooftop swimming pool with Eiffel Tower views, the elegant rooms, the beautiful garden, the wellness center, the gastronomic restaurants, etc. Don’t miss it! Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Mid-range: Atlantic Hotel. It’s a perfect mid-range hotel close to Champs-Elysées. The rooms are comfortable and it’s centrally located, not far from Opéra Garnier and Galeries Lafayette. The staff is kind, the hotel is quiet and the rooms are very clean. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Budget: Hotel d’Argenson. If you don’t want to spend too much money on accommodation, but stay in a nice area, this is the place for you. It’s affordable and offers classic period-style rooms and free wifi and breakfast. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Find all the hotels around the Champs Elysées
South Pigalle (9th arrondissement)
It’s a very well located district, very convenient. Indeed, it’s not far from Montmartre, but also not far from the Opéra House and the Galeries Lafayette. It’s slowly becoming the Williamsburg of Paris. The vibe is relaxed and you’ll find there numerous bars, various eateries, hip coffee shops and cocktail bars. It’s one of the best places to stay in Paris if you’re looking for a local Paris vibe.
Where to stay in South Pigalle
- Luxury: Intercontinental Paris Le Grand. A great luxury hotel which is just minutes away from the Opera Garnier, perfect for a fancy weekend! It offers two restaurants and a health club with sauna and massage treatments. The rooms are well equipped, some of them also boast a view of the Opera House. You’re gonna love it! Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Mid-range: Hotel Migny Opera Montmartre. A nice hotel in a typically Parisian building built in the end of 19th century, featuring a terrace, free Wi-Fi and 24-hour reception. Close to Sacre Coeur, Opéra, great rooms and helpful staff! Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Budget: Hotel Villa Boheme. A nice boutique hotel with a modern decor. Each room has a flat-screen TV, an electric kettle and a safe. There’s also a delicious buffet breakfast. The hotel is quiet and the rooms are very clean. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Find all the South Pigalle hotels
The Latin Quarter (5th arrondissement)
It’s a popular tourist and student area, known for its culture and history. It’s a good central place to stay in Paris, and it’s affordable. The 5th is home to some great wine bars and restaurants, and you’ll find a lot of great budget food choices. Don’t miss rue Mouffetard, a fabulous market street to sample a wide range of tasty local eats. The architecture is diverse and beautiful there!
Where to stay in the Latin Quarter
- Luxury: Hotel Monge. A great choice not far from the Jardin des Plantes and Notre Dame de Paris. It features a wellness centre with a hammam and you can also get a massage. There’s also an honesty bar and a tea room. The decor is great and you’ll feel utterly pampered and cared for. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Mid-range: Hotel Oratio. You’ll be in the heart of the Latin Quarter! It’s a great mid-range hotel, well-decorated and very clean. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the rooms are comfortable. Moreover they have a great breakfast. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Budget: Hotel du College de France. This budget hotel has en excellent location in the Latin Quarter. It’s close to La Sorbonne University and Notre Dame de Paris. The rooms are comfortable and some of them have balconies with great views. A calm hotel with a kind staff. Click here to check the reviews, photos and availability.
- Find all the Latin Quarter hotels
Now you know all the best places to stay in Paris! Feel free to check out my Paris travel guide! Paris is one of the most beautiful cities in France!
- Traveling soon? Check out my travel resources page! This list of travel accessories can also be useful!
- Don’t travel without travel insurance! It will protect you against illness, injury, theft and cancellations. Click here to get one. Here’s why get travel insurance.
- Want a tailor-made trip to France? Get a free quote here!
- Always use a VPN when traveling. I use ExpressVPN and I love it. Here’s why use a VPN when traveling.
Leave a Reply