Visiting Bern in switzerland
Info to visit Bern
- Wanna go to Switzerland? The country is safe, but don’t leave home without a travel insurance!
- You can get in Bern by train, by plane or by bus if you’re already in Europe.
- If you plan to travel in Switzerland, get a travel guide!
- Accommodation is expensive in Bern and in Switzerland in general, compare the hotel rates on HotelsCombined!
- Swiss german is different from german from Germany. So if you speak “regular” german it won’t be very useful since german people don’t understand Swiss German (and vice versa).If you go there, a few days is enough. You can check :
- The federal palace, on the federal place
- The Rose Garden (rosengarten) on the hills. From there you have a stunning view of the old town. In this garden, you can find a restaurant, a park where little children play around and flower lovers will enjoy all the different types of roses and iris.
- Bernisches Historisches Museum and its exhibitions.
- Swimming pool Marzili, an outdoor pool.
- Gurten, reachable on a ride in the red carriages of the funicular railway. From there, you get an astounding view over Bern and the Alps.
- Bern Bear Park, where lives a bear family.
- Other activities might interest you.
Some links are affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase, I earn a commission, at no extra cost to you.