Beer spa in Prague
Having a beer bath, in a beer spa, who would have thought about it? Before starting my trip, I told myself I had to try new things, take advantage of different environments and attempt experiences I wouldn’t usually do back home in Paris. And truthfully speaking, I don’t know if I would have done it in my hometown. But in Prague, Czech Republic? In a country which has one of the highest beer consumption per capita in the world? I was like “A beer spa, why not? Let’s test it out…”
After a quick research on the internet, I found out there are actually several beer spa in Prague. But why are they so numerous in Czech Republic? From what I heard, people say it’s an opportunity to spend a pleasurable moment, relaxed, but above all a beer spa is excellent for your skin, because brewer’s yeast is efficient against dry skin and improves blood circulation.
I got my mind made up, I’m gonna test out a beer spa! I spotted one in the city center of Prague. I naively thought I could just get there, pay, and enjoy my beer bath but the demand is high… When I got there, the kind hostess told me “The beer spa is full today, but come back tomorrow, we have slots available“. I book, pay, and go back there the day after.
I’m on time for my beer spa. Another hostess greets me. I’m still in the lobby and she tells me beer is unlimited! I can drink beer as much as I want! Wow! Cool! She hands me a glass, shows me a beer tap, and invites me to pour myself a drink “As much as you want, it’s included in the service! Unlimited beer!“. Meanwhile, her colleague prepares my beer spa. I observe the surroundings. I was expecting to see lot of young people, group of friends… Actually I mostly see couples getting there. Some nasty things must happen in those private spas. I prefer not to think about it!
After a few minutes, one of the employees asks me to follow her, and I finally see the room waiting for me! A beer bath, a beer tap just for me (unlimited!), and a wheat straw bed by a fireplace to relax after the bath. The employee tells me she’s going to put brewer’s yeast in the hot water, and that’s what she does beneath my very eyes. Then she mixes all that with a big ustensil. And she keeps going with her explanation “You’ll have 25 minutes in the bath, 25 minutes to relax on the wheat straw bed and then 10 minutes to put your clothes back on” (yes I paid for one hour). And she leaves.
I can see they thought about everything. They have towels, slippers… Indeed, this beer bath is very relaxing and destress. With the beer tap next to me, it’s perfect! After 25 minutes, the bubbles stop. It’s time to get in the wheat straw bed, not disagreaable. For those who don’t see themselves laying down on the wheat straw, they have sheets to put on the wheat straw (just in case!). They also have “home-made beer bread” next to the bed. Not bad!
And it’s already over… An alarm rings, meaning I have 10 minutes left to get dressed. That was fast! I take one last pint, and I drink it in the lobby, while talking to the lovely employees. I’ll do it again one day, but not by myself!
Info to enjoy a beer spa in Prague
- You can find a lot of beer spas in Prague. I’m not able to tell you which one is the best, because I’ve been to one, beer spa Rybna, located Rybna 650/3. The hostesses were really nice, explained everything, and their English was perfect (thank you Olga and Diana!)
- You have to be really motivated to do it, the beer spa is expensive… The more you are, the less you pay. For the solo travellers/those with no friends/those who have a solitary lifestyle, you’ll have to pay 1600CZK (around 60 euros) for one hour. For four people, the price is 4600CZK (around 180 euros, which is 45 euros per person). Apart from the price, it’s still better to go with your friends/special one!
- Best thing to do is to go there first (or call, or send an e-mail) to book. Hopefully, you’ll get a slot the same day but not straightaway, you’ll get one for the end of the day. Otherwise, it’s the day after or maximum two to three days later.
- They recommend not to bathe or shower for two hours after the beer bath to achieve the optimal effect on your skin.
- If you’re into alcohol and traveling in Eastern Europe, you should do a wine tasting in Cricova.
- Do not leave home without a travel insurance!
- Needless to say, there are many things to do in Prague!
Some links are affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase, I earn a commission, at no extra cost to you.